Wedding Gown Preservation Tips
- Avoid storing your wedding gown in a plastic bag. Plastic can trap moisture that leads to mildew. Plastic also emits vapors that can yellow or stain your dress.
- Fold or roll your wedding gown, rather than hanging it. Prolonged hanging can stretch and distort the fabric.
- Clean your wedding dress before storing it. Undetectable stains can deepen over time. Small, hard-to-see food particles can attract pests that will destroy your gown.
- Ask your cleaner to let you inspect your wedding gown after it has been cleaned and before it’s put into a storage container.
- Store your wedding gown in an acid-free wedding dress storage chest lined with fabric or acid-free tissue.
- Avoid storing your bridal gown in the attic or basement. Extreme temperature and humidity changes can damage your gown, and pests often make these areas their home.
Let us help you clean and store your wedding gown to preserve your gown for generations to come. No appointment needed just bring your gown into the boutique and we will handle everything else. We will even deliver it right to your home for no additional cost!
Wedding Gown Preservation Company was founded in 1913 by Sara and Joseph Schapiro in Endicott, New York. Sara and Joseph specialized in the preservation and alteration of wedding gowns. Together, they created the family formula which is still in use today.
We are now a third generation family-owned business operated by the Schapiro family. We have had generations of brides preserve their gowns with us.
Our cleaning methods have been proven and recognized by the International Fabric Institute as the best methods in the gown preservation industry.
We pride ourselves in the highest standard of quality and care of bridal gowns in cleaning and preservation.
To preserve your memory.